Play Motorhead Slot at Betchaser Casino
|Slot Type||Video Slots|
|Min Coins Per Line||1|
|Max Coins Per Line||10|
|Min Coins Size||0.01|
|Max Coins Size||1|
Motorhead Slot Machine
What seems like only yesterday, when we reviewed the first of the NetEnt Rocks trilogy, namely the ‘Guns N Roses’ slot, we said that it was the final game, the Motorhead slot, which we were awaiting the most. I also predicted (yes patting oneself on the back is vain) that it would be better than the Jimi Hendrix slot. That last game met with disappointment in some quarters given the slightly off beat peace and love vibe and it would seem that (possibly as a result) the harder rock format is firmly back for the finale in this trilogy.
NetEnt are a smart manufacturer and them responding to the feedback on the first two games is no shock. What is very surprising, is the complete change in choice of format. Unlike the first two slots in the series, which had a 5x3 layout, for this new online slot, NetEnt have used the unique structure from the Dazzle Me game. The gameplay and features all unique however, which makes this very much a standalone game not only in the trio, but also in the NetEnt range overall.
Theme & Structure
Though Lemmy is no longer with us, as fans, we’d like to think that given Motorhead’s biggest ever record ‘The Ace of Spades’ had a distinctly gambling theme, that he would approve of being at the centre of a slot game based on the band. The video entrance sequence to this game is even better than the one on the GNR title, though it does go on for quite some time, you can disable it for future plays once you have had your fill. The pay icons range from the main man himself who offers the top pay-out, through stars, bells, sevens and lucky objects such as horseshoes and clover.
The game reels themselves are set on a rock stage, the win sequences are punctuated by flashing lights and strobes and there is a very generous amount of themed sound effects and bespoke animations. Fans are going to compare this to GNR, it’s inevitable, personally I think this is less over the top and as such, is a much more playable slot, it’s entertaining, not overwhelming. One note, there’s a few x rated audio soundbites on offer, which will likely amuse those familiar with the band, but aren’t really suitable for the easily offended.
HOW TO PLAY MOTORHEAD
The reels are set on the stage, but this time there is no cheering crowd surrounding it. Lemmi is the only group member that appears among the high-paying symbols. Other symbols are usually used in fruit machines. There are Stars, Bells, Lucky Sevens, Horseshoes, Cherries and Clovers. Ace of Spades is the Wild that substitutes for all symbols except the Scatter.
The Scatter is a Devil’s Skull and appears only on reels 3, 4 and 5, triggering the Free Spins feature. There are also golden Mystery Symbols, which turn into other regular symbols once they appear on the reels.
Unlike the other two video slots from the trilogy, the 2016 release features a bit peculiar 3-3-4-4-5 reel grid and offers 76 fixed paylines, which pay left to right, starting from the leftmost reel. Three of a kind is the minimum for landing payouts, except for Lemmi, which is the only symbol that pays even for two of a kind.
Betting starts at $0.20 per spin, but gamers can set the bet level (1-10) and the coin denomination ($0.01-$1) and bet up to $200 per single spin. The other difference between Motorhead and the other two NetEnt Rocks video slots is the soundtrack because here you can turn the music off.
THE MOTORHEAD SLOT MACHINE SYMBOLS
The pay icons are the band members - Lemmy, Kilmister, Phill Campbell, and Mickey Di, iron stars, bells, sevens, and lucky horseshoes and clovers. The Motorhead game’s Wild symbol is the “Ace of Spades” logo. It acts as a substitution for each symbol, with the exception of the Scatter symbol.
The Scatter icon is the Scatter skull logo. It arises in the base round only. The two top payout symbols are the lead-singer symbol and the iron star icon. The full set of the Lemmys’ symbols grants a 150-coin win. Five stars symbols give a 50-coin win.
THE FREE SPINS
- Three of the Scatter symbols on the third, fourth, and fifth reel in the base Motorhead game activate the Free Spins round with 10 extra rolls.
- Within the Free Spins round, the Mystery Reels cover both Mystery symbols as well as Wild symbols.
- The Free Spins round has the same bet level and coin value as the game that activated the Free Spins, and the number of Free Spins is conferred according to the paytable.
- The total win covers wins within the Free Spins round combined with any wins from the round that triggered the Free Spins.
THE MYSTERY REELS FEATURE
- The Motorhead slot machine’s mystery reel feature occurs in both the base round and the free spins game. One or more reels will spin in flames with a mystery symbol and turn the Mystery reels.
- When the Mystery reels stop spinning, if one or more Mystery symbols appear on the reels, they will become one random icon except for the Scatter symbol. The Mystery reel is a stacked reel that covers both Mystery icons and the basic icons.
THE BOMBER FEATURE
- The Motorhead slot’s bomber feature is a random bonus, which can be triggered in the base game only. As the reels spin around, clusters of mystery icons hit the reels as bombs. When a few bombs hit the reels, they create 10 overlay mystery icons.
- As mystery icons are plastered across the reels, they can transfer into a random symbol as in the Mystery reels feature. That increases the probability of a full set combination with an ample win of 150 times a line bet, which is 1,500 for the max stake.
Lemmi is the symbol that pays the most, offering 150 coins for five of a kind. Gamers can expect a maximum possible payout of 11,400 coins in a single spin, which is not bad. The Free Spins feature is where you can expect massive wins, due to the fact that Mystery Reels also offer Wild symbols. Motorhead’s RTP is 96.98%.
Min Bet (all lines covered):
Wild Symbol, Scatter Symbol, Free Spins, Medium volatility, 5 Reels
Musicians & Bands
Motorhead is not the only rock band that features on slot games though. Fans of Elvis, Jimi Hendrix, Michael Jackson and Guns n Roses can all find their favourite musician’s music on a themed slot game. Rock-themed slots are a great way of getting new customers to sign up to an online casino – it can combine two of their interests, gaming and music. Themed slots are becoming increasingly popular as people are looking for more than the standard slot games that they find in most online casinos. With so many online casinos available now the games have to evolve and develop quickly to help to capture the imagination of the player.