Play Finn's Golden Tavern Slot at Betchaser Casino
|Min Coins Per Line|
|Max Coins Per Line|
|Min Coins Size|
|Max Coins Size|
Play Finn's Golden Tavern Slot at Betchaser Casino
Have a night out with the lucky leprechaun at his local tavern on the slot from NetEnt. Finn’s Lucky Tavern sees the return of the swirly spin mechanic that avalanches symbols in a spiral onto the reels to create winning combination and trigger the bonus round. Enter the tavern for a tasty ale and experience the luck of the Irish with wild substitutions, two random features and a free spins round with a multiplier meter and a coin bonus that can lead to wins of up to 1,000 times your bet.
Finn’s Golden Tavern is a 5×5 video slot with a spiral spin mechanic. Wins are awarded for horizontal or vertical clusters of three to five matching symbols starting from any position on the reels. Available on desktop and mobile devices, the bet sizes range from 0.10 to a massive 500 credits per spin. The game has low to medium volatility with an RTP of 96.10%.
Loading the slot will take you back to the Emerald Isle where in the meantime Finn has left his four heavenly realms from the original slot and opened a tavern to welcome his visitors with some tasty chilled ales and even more quirky Irish tunes. The reels are set on parchment piece held down on a tavern table and lit by a candle. Beer mats and mugs as well as a compass, a knife and Flinn’s famous flute lie scattered around the game grid. The scenery changes to a night setting in the free spins with the compass turning into a multiplier meter.
What symbols are there?
Undoubtedly, Finn is a guy who can hold his liquor, and all the higher value symbols are pitchers and jugs with alcoholic beverages of different kinds and strengths. They all pay the same for some reason, and then you have the gold coins that come with different values attached. You will need 3 to 5 matching symbols in a cluster to win, and here is the paytable for Finn's Golden Tavern slot:
- Jugs and pitchers - High value symbols that all pay 5x for 5 in a cluster
- Gold coins (with values of either 5, 10, 20 or 50) - Pays out the sum total of the coin values included in the winning combo if you land at least 3 in a cluster
What are the bonus features?
- Since this game runs on a Spiral Spin engine (similar to Cluster Pays), you need to land vertical or horizontal lines of at least 3 matching symbols to win. It also comes with the classic Avalanche feature, which means winning symbols are removed to make space for new symbols and combinations.
- Whenever you land a winning combo without a wild symbol, you will see an eye-patched star wild created in a space that one of the removed symbols occupied. If you create a winning combo with a wild symbol, it will explode and destroy all symbols adjacent to it both vertically and horizontally.
- If you land the Treasure Chest free spins symbol in the immediate loop around the middle position, you will trigger the Random Coin bonus feature. This will turn all low value symbols into golden coin symbols, and the coin values are then combined to give you a nice win.
- Finn is usually not a grumpy drunk, but he might slam his fist at times when no winning combination lands. This is known as the Fist Slam feature, and it will move a golden coin into a position that gives you a guaranteed win.
Free spins in Finn's Golden Tavern
Once all the bells and whistles of the avalanche features has played out, the free spins feature is triggered when a Treasure Chest symbol finds itself in the very center of the spiral reels. This gives you 5 free spins, and the compass in the left hand corner is now turned into a multiplier meter. The multiplier starts at 1x, and you need to land 5 wilds to take it to the next step of 2x, and so forth. Not all that easy with only 5 free spins, your might think, but remember that the avalanche feature is in play here also.
What is the jackpot (max win)?
You will not find any kind of jackpot on Finn's Golden Tavern slot, but you can still win decent payouts here. The max win depends on the multiplier you’re able to get during the free spins feature, but we estimate it to be around 1,000 times your stake. Not bad for a low to medium variance game, and it’s worth noting that this is exactly 2 times the potential of the original Finn game.
Finn's Golden Tavern RTP
The Finn’s Golden Tavern RTP is 96.1% - 66.1% will come in the main game whilst 22.2% comes from the Free Spins feature and 7.8% from the Free Spins Coin Bonus feature. The hit frequency is 21.2% (1 win in 5 approximately) with most of them coming in the base game.
Min Coins Per Line
Max Coins Per Line
Min Coins Size
Max Coins Size
Finn’s Golden Tavern (NetEnt): Verdict
Now, the big question is - is Finn's Golden Tavern an improvement to the original? In our humble opinion, it is. Now, you won't see many hardcore gamers sit glued to the screen playing it, that's for sure. The volatility and potential is far too low to appeal to the thrill-seekers. With that said, there have been some improvements to make it slightly more appealing overall. First of all, it's far less complicated. Whereas the original was absolutely filled to the brim with features, Finn's Golden Tavern is more straightforward. There's a free spins game with an increasing win multiplier, and that's pretty much it. The slight boost in potential is also welcomed, of course.
Although it looks great and plays well, at the end of the day we didn't find Finn's Golden Tavern to be all that engaging. It doesn't have what we look for in a video slot which is the kind of excitement that will make your heart feel like beating out of your chest. It can still tickle you a bit, but it's more on the pastel end of the thrill-palette if that makes any sense. If that is enough to float your boat, then you'll probably enjoy this game.